• Free pickup, whether the vehicle or vessel is running or not.
  • No hassles! No calls, questions, or price haggling to sell your car or boat.
  • No strangers coming to your home, no worries about liability, no emissions check required.
  • No cost! You won’t need to do minor repairs, pay for an ad to sell your item, or pay for an emissions check.
  • Avoid confusing paperwork, title transfers, etc.
  • Qualifies for IRS Tax Deduction.

To start, all you need to do is fill out an online application or give us a call! We will forward your information to a local towing company and they will call you right away to pickup your donation. You will receive a donation receipt and if your donation sells for more than $500 you will receive an IRS Tax Form 1098C.

In these economic times every dollar donated to American Council of the Blind helps to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and quality of life, for all blind and visually-impaired people.

Your vehicle donation or vessel donation qualifies as a tax deduction. If the market value of your donated car or boat is less than $500, all you will need to take a deduction is your donation receipt. If your donated car, truck, van, SUV, boat, etc, sells for more than $500 we will send you an IRS Form 1098C and you may write off the value of your donated item up to the full sale price.

Sometimes it can be picked up the same day you call! You will receive a call from the towing company within 24 hours. Let them know when its convenient for you to have the car picked up. Let them know if you are in a hurry and they will make arrangements to schedule you for pickup as quickly as possible, sometimes that can be the same day!

Most donated vehicles and vessels are towed. We work with over 100 auctions around the country to insure the highest sale price. The auction will transfer title of the vehicle in accordance with the local state regulations.

The auction will transfer title to the buyer, who will then be responsible for any liability. Some states require that you file a notice (Release of Liability,transfer of Ownership, etc.) with the state department that handles motor vehicles(Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Revenue, etc.) to show that ownership has been transferred. We recommend that you file that form. In some states you are responsible to return the license plates and/or notify your insurance company. We suggest you follow recommended procedures in your state.

Vehicles: Cars, Trucks, Vans, Commercial Trucks/Vans, SUVs, Motorcycles, etc.
Rvs: Recreational Vehicles, Trailers, Fifth Wheel, etc.
Vessels: Sailboats, Motorboats, Row Boats, Personal Watercraft, Jet skis, etc.
Misc: Riding Lawn Mowers, Tractors, etc.

2-Step Donation - Made Quick & Easy

Fill out the form to support the American Council of the Blind.

Donor Information

Mailing Address

Pick-Up Address

Additional Information

We can accept cars with no title and/or in poor condition, but we may choose to send those to a different company for pickup. Any information you can provide to help us make that decision would be appreciated (e.g. body damage description, if any). If your older vehicle has exceptional low mileage or might be considered a CLASSIC, please let us know that also!

Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated! Do you know the make, model, and horsepower of the engine? Condition of sails? Extra features?